**NOTE: This FREE book code is ONLY good for the next couple days. Scroll down for details***
It turns out I am a crazy cat lady.
Blurb gave me the opportunity to make a printed book of Instagram pictures and I made a 100+pg book OF MY CATS!
I have no excuse or justification…. except that they are adorable and I love them.
Ok, really … in my defense I DID originally plan on a Blurb Instagram book of our summer … I knew I wanted one-photo-per-page and thought, “I haven’t taken a ton of photos yet. A June-September Instagram book would be perfect.”
But then I imported all the photos into the book-design-software and realized I had WAY too many for a book.
So, then the next Instagram’d-story I thought of was our kittens! These little girls joined Team Schubert at the beginning of June, so my summer Instagram photos have been FULL of them.
(sidenote: you KNOW I’ve taken more kitten photos since this book was printed. Follow me on Instagram @amytschubert )
Essentially I just had Blurb‘s Bookify program import my Instagram photos, set the layout to 1-photo-per-page and asked the software to auto-fill. And then added the dates and captions from when the images were originally Instagram’d.
Here are some of my favorite pages …. and by “favorite pages” of course I mean cutest or funniest pictures of my little girls:
(note: 2 pages of gallery images)
You can see the book is soft cover 7×7″ (which I believe is the only size available for Instagram books). In the gallery above is a photo of the book next to my iPhone so you can get an idea of size.
This book has the same awesome quality of ALL my Blurb books. I am totally confident this book will last a LONG time … long after these little monsters are no longer kittens.
All the image pages are full bleed (LOVE THAT) with text on top of it. There are a handful of photos that I let stand alone with the next (alone) on the opposite page, but those are a small percentage.
I’ve looked all through this book several times. I seriously love my little kitties and they’ve already grown up so much since June. Having this book in my hands is a reminder of how much! This little book will live in our living room, so any visitor can admire the kittens too ….
My Instagram-Blurb wishlist for next time:
- I would LOVE if we had the option of importing the photos’ captions with the photos. The Bookify software pulls your photos from your Instagram account automatically, but since I wanted to also record the (brilliant) captions I had Instagram’d I had to go back and forth from my phone (Instagram app) and my computer (book design) to type it all in manually. Definitely the most time consuming part of creating this book.
- I would LOVE if I could use the ‘old’ BookSmart software to design the book. I like the options of creating my own page layouts (which may be in Bookify, but I didn’t see it).
TO GET YOUR FREE INSTAGRAM BOOK FROM BLURB:
(up to $19.95 value)
Click the banner above or this link and make your Instagram Blurb book.
When checking out use the discount code INSTALEMON and get $19.95 off.
The 72 hour code – INSTALEMON – is good for $19.95 off a Blurb book. It will expire at 11:59pm on Sept. 27th – so get started!
Additional notes and things to remember when ordering:
- This coupon may only be used once by each person and on books made by you. It may not be applied towards adjustments on previous orders, gift cards or towards volume orders.
- Feel free to share the link to this blog post but please don’t Tweet/Instagram/Facebook the code itself.
- Remember: The promo code MUST be entered at checkout for the discount to apply and that for the best experience please make your book on a computer and not a mobile device.
P.S. If you’re not on Instagram or you don’t really want an Instagram Photo Book, you can still get 30% off of a Blurb book if you order it TODAY – September 24
Use discount code FLASH30 when checking out.
(Use this is of course INSTEAD OF the free book code noted above)
If you want to see some of my other Blurb books check out: