- Before you decide what you want to do with your life, do this first
- 7 joyful journal prompts to find out what makes you happy
- Stop doing shit you don’t like
- Taking a travel break mid-career
- Don’t waste those tiny gaps in your schedule
P.S. Do I know anyone in NYC? I kinda want to plan a trip there this year just to see Hamilton (when Lin-Manuel is still in the cast).
- The Freelance Scramble (specifically written for authors, but helpful for any freelancer)
- 3 exercises to smash your creative blocks
- Art for ants
- The most successful creative people constantly say ‘no’
- What if you tried really hard?
- Words can make you sick or healed (a non-scientific experiment)
- How to spring clean your mind and your life
- 10 delightful photos of famous artists and their cats
- Hottest U.S. Presidents (#5!)
- Find your bliss — thoughts from Joseph Campbell
P.S. Today I am Austin-bound
- In my next life I’m going to be a nomad. Found THIS SITE (via Yes and Yes) that gives you an idea of cost and what to expect for people who want to stay and work out of cities all around the world. I plan to be Kelly Purkey when I grow up.
- Related: Are you more suited to traveling alone or in a group?
- What to do when you’re working hard, feeling frustrated and ready to quit
- The myth of the dream job
P.S. Want a free book?
- 4 real presidential marriages that make House of Cards look completely normal — I love House of Cards. I’ve been marathoning it the last couple weeks. I also love American history, loved this article.
- Portland mini album — It seems like everyone I know is moving/have moved to Portland. Must visit soon!
- 21 things you didn’t know you could do with your Kindle. (just when I thought I was getting the hang of my kindle I come across this article)
- You are allowed to dislike things
- Destination Documented — Kelly Purkey’s new site. I LOVE THIS IDEA and so jealous of her for it!
- How the password you select can help you achieve your goals
- Arting Hard (language warning)
I am basically behind on everything, but this week I went to a concert with my husband, finalized the book cover for my first novel, and delivered the the 4th manuscript for as many editing clients in as many weeks. Feels GOOD.