As you read this I’m in the middle of a 5-day weekend (!!). A couple weekends ago we were doing this (photo above). Andrew was weeding and I was sitting in the backyard with my laptop.
God bless technology.
God bless SoCal.
Also in March ….
reminder: You can always follow the books I’m reading and see my ratings here at Goodreads
- my To Sing playlist. I miss performing, but at least I can belt it out on my way to work.
- Bring It On the Musical – I just LOVE Lin-Manuel Miranda. I will buy the soundtracks to all his shows.
- New original songs from Smash – I’ve listened to this song (Broadway Here I Come) about 900x in the last month. I love Jeremy Jordan Plus the subtext of the song is about being BRAVE, so how can I help it.
- WTF episodes including Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Michael Keaton and others
- Some SYSK episodes including one about fecal transplants which I have heard about on 2 other podcasts in the last year. Turns out science is fascinating.
- Apparently I really am a grown-up. I got all kinds of grown-up stuff done this month. Like adding Andrew to my AAA account and opening an IRA.
- Skype. Awesome. Tried it for real this month.
- Premise – I bought it a few months ago and finally tried it out. LOVE IT. Full review coming.
REMINDER: Subscribe to L&R before Google Reader goes away
What have you done this month?
My brother in orange, Andrew and I at Miranda’s wedding in the beginning of the month. Still gorgeous weather in AZ in November (photo by my mother)
(we’re on a little movie break after watching SO MANY scary movies in October)
- finally listened to some music this month with 2 road trips to Phoenix! Just the iPod on shuffle. Between the 2 of us we have 11,000+ eclectic mix of songs.
- started a little bit of Christmas music – we got Cee-Lo Green’s new Christmas album
- exactly how much of a cat person I am – missing our girls on our 2 weekends away
- exactly how time consuming it is to set up a new computer
- (rediscovered) the magic of mint M&Ms! They’re out for Christmas. I try not to eat an entire bag in one sitting.
- more details of my friend Miranda’s love story. It’s amazing y’all
- not everyone is detail oriented. Ugh.
- love. Or, you know, hung out for our anniversary.
- it’s apparently strange that my voting place is in someone’s garage. That was always the case for my parents when I was growing up, so I didn’t realize it’s not normal!
- a new project that I love that is time-comsuming. Because I need more of those (she said with a messy messy house).
- exactly how creative my brother is. He is studying creative writing in at Colorado University Boulder. This month he had me read/critique a short story and told me about his novella. Cah-razy, y’all. Sci-fi/fantasy/quantum physics kinda.
No less than 10 separate people have told us Andrew looks like Jason Sudeikis in the last few months
- new music on the iPod. Andrew updated our joint iPod with more of his music.
- 2 new writing podcasts. Haven’t decided if I like them yet or not.
- all of After the Jump‘s (the Design*Sponge podcast) archives. Listened to 12 or so episodes. Decided it’s not my thing.
- The Nerdist podcast. Technically I’ve heard OF it before, but their Tom Hanks episode recently was what made me decide to check it out
- Fang can, in fact, be snuggly. Totally unprecedented. And adorable.
- My computer is shot. News on this to come.
- I also need a new set of Harry Potter paperback books. My current copies are well-loved and have chunks of pages falling out
As you can see we watch a lot of scary movies in October. Only scary movies. And we don’t watch scary movies any other time of the year, so it’s like a binge. We would have watched far more except we had guests one weekend and Andrew went out of town another weekend.
What have you been up to?
My pal Joey
- I should be writing podcast. I don’t love it yet. But I don’t hate it either.
- Writing Excuses podcast. I love it. I need it to be longer and more often, because with as much as I drive I can listen to an entire month’s worth of archives in a single day.
What blogs are you loving right now that I should take a look at?
Does anyone have any other writing-specific podcasts to recommend?
What did you do in September?