Meeting our new niece, Savannah Grace. She’s about 23 hours old in this picture and I think she looks JUST like her mom
I actually abandoned a book this month after about 50 pages. I rarely RARELY do that, but it was just SO boring. And it was a history book covering a lot of the same stuff I’ve already read about so I don’t feel like I missed much.
I just need to point out that I write blog posts and edit photos and cook while I watch all these films. I’m not *quite* as lazy as this list might imply. Also, I read a lot less this month than usual.
- Scrivener. LOVE it for organizing big manuscripts
- Khaleesi’s favorite toy. It’s been missing for months but she’s been going crazy since we found it again.
- I have fewer hours in the day in the winter – just because I start to feel lazy once the sun goes down and only work 8 hour days instead of 12.
- Netflix took SNL off live streaming! So sad. I was in the middle of season 10. Sad.
How was your November?
At a family wedding
(note: October is #ScaryOct. We ONLY watch scary/thriller/horror movies this month. We don’t watch anything else in October and we don’t watch scary movies any other time of the year. This month was inadvertently zombie-themed. See previous #ScaryOct lists here)
Thanks, Maggie for the quick pic on this wedding day. My very last wedding (under Teegan Photography) – and it was for one of my friends from high school.
(I feel like I need to bulk up my archives at my U.S. History Class site. I’m even re-checking out books I’ve already read so I can write reviews)
(a lot of this while editing wedding and vacation photos)
- I have THE WORST LUCK with technology. The harddrive on my computer failed AGAIN. For those of you keeping score, that would be the harddrive on the new computer that I got less than a year ago because the harddrive on my old computer had failed 3 times.
- there is a podcast about new history books! If only it were hosted by a Muppet and then it would be all my favorite things in one place!
- My backup camera doesn’t work. I think. I need to really just take it in to be looked at but it’s low priority.
At about 11,000+ feet elevation, at the top of Rocky Mountain National Park
This month has been BUSY. With traveling and #30Lists and becoming obsessed with the Game of Thrones series.
FIRST: Don’t forget my end of summer Buy One Get One sale ends Monday night! This is possibly the best sale I’ve ever run, now that I think about it, and I don’t have any plans to run another sale for quite a while. Get on it!
(I am craving reading nonfiction like you wouldn’t BELIEVE)
- Andrew is easy. Did a very very basic redesign of his site and he’s perfectly happy.
- That video game that I have been SAVING since last November??? Gives me motion sickness. BUMMER. (only a little bit, though, so obviously I’m still playing it)
- CAMPING. Literally had not been camping in probably 20 years. SO FUN. Watch Those Crazy Schuberts for full blog posts
- learned a little more about Photoshop. Kara helped me figure out why my text looked pixelated.
- learned a little more about Thesis. Made this new BUILD ecourse site based on Kara’s design and made this US History class site from scratch.
What have YOU been up to?
In Madison, WI between a wedding ceremony and wedding reception
July was my first FULL month being mostly self-employed and I actually read a LOT less, which is interesting. And watched a LOT more (mostly while in Colorado and last Sunday when Andrew was working all day). Which is new.
- SO much music while in Colorado. Best was listening to Earth while driving through Rocky Mountain National Park.
- sleeping downstairs – it’s SO HOT in our bedroom in the summer, I’ve just been sleeping on the couch. And it’s awesome.
- I am in terrible shape. Ok, not really a discovery. But I went on a 4-hour hike and was dying the next day.
What have you been up to?
we got a hammock!
*this is the 30th-or-so time I’ve read this series. FAVORITE ever*
- The Dick Van Dyke WTF episode – AMAZING! I just love him!
- A bunch of Nerdist episodes, including Zach Braff and Timothy Olyphant and Mel Brooks and Dominic Monaghan and Tina Fey and John Lithgow
- The magic of a hammock in the backyard
- How easy it is to roast a chicken (and so tasty)
- Neil Patrick Harris and I should be best friends. He loves Jim Henson as much as I do and he likes to have board games at home in the suburbs. So, he’s me.
- We should have hung curtains in our bedroom a year ago
How was your May?
As you read this I’m in the middle of a 5-day weekend (!!). A couple weekends ago we were doing this (photo above). Andrew was weeding and I was sitting in the backyard with my laptop.
God bless technology.
God bless SoCal.
Also in March ….
reminder: You can always follow the books I’m reading and see my ratings here at Goodreads
- my To Sing playlist. I miss performing, but at least I can belt it out on my way to work.
- Bring It On the Musical – I just LOVE Lin-Manuel Miranda. I will buy the soundtracks to all his shows.
- New original songs from Smash – I’ve listened to this song (Broadway Here I Come) about 900x in the last month. I love Jeremy Jordan Plus the subtext of the song is about being BRAVE, so how can I help it.
- WTF episodes including Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Michael Keaton and others
- Some SYSK episodes including one about fecal transplants which I have heard about on 2 other podcasts in the last year. Turns out science is fascinating.
- Apparently I really am a grown-up. I got all kinds of grown-up stuff done this month. Like adding Andrew to my AAA account and opening an IRA.
- Skype. Awesome. Tried it for real this month.
- Premise – I bought it a few months ago and finally tried it out. LOVE IT. Full review coming.
REMINDER: Subscribe to L&R before Google Reader goes away
What have you done this month?