So, as of yesterday we have lived in our house for a year…. and officially owned it for about 13 months.
Yup. That’s how I’m going to start this story – know going in that we couldn’t move in right after closing. It’s one of those kind of houses.
There are far more detailed posts over at Those Crazy Schuberts if you’d like to see more of our mindset as we went along. I will say this. We LOVE this house. We are not sorry we bought it, in spite of what you will read below. Truly.
Our house-buying was recorded on our family blog along the way …
- new apartment …. the last before buying a house
- choices choices
- should we buy a house??
- meeting with a realtor for the first time!!
- house hunting FOR REAL
- looking at houses on our anniversary
- we put an offer on it
- checking out a cute little house in Newhall
- ‘the seller’s bank is insane
- our offer was accepted!!
- our realtor is the best
- We closed the sale!
- Murphy’s Law of buying a house
this post was inspired by
- Emma’s post from a few months ago
- Elise’s recent post about buying her home
- and Elsie’s home-buying story
Over the weekend I made a BLURB book of this house tour – can’t wait to show you – and I’m thinking about another BLURB book for the year-long-transformation …