A year of BRAVE (1)

A year of brave

This year I’m going to be BRAVE.

Sometimes BRAVE means doing something brand new, sometimes it means doing that thing you’ve been putting off for months.

Every Sunday (or so) I want to post about something BRAVE-ish I’ve done recently – to keep myself accountable to actually DO something AND to remind you being brave is not always lion taming and hang-gliding.

Last week:

I took a walk (by myself) in my neighborhood.

taking a neighborhood walk

I don’t have any kind of workout routine (AT ALL). Like, at all. Never have. I just have never made the time.

But now that we live in a lovely, safe neighborhood I’ve been thinking more and more about taking regular walks (and eventually runs) around. There’s a few easy loops that I can do, so last Sunday I put on pants and shoes (previously lazy Sunday in PJs), grabbed my phone (on which I have recently installed RunKeeper app), and set off alone down the hill to walk one of the loops and see how long it is.

Verdict: About 1 1/3 miles; about half an hour, and next time I’ll start the loop from the other side. Both of the routes back to my house are uphill, and one is FAR steeper than the other. Will start downhill that way next time.

Next time: Maybe Andrew will come with me; maybe I’ll start taking walks in the morning with coffee; maybe one day when I quit my job and have more time I’ll find bigger loops and longer walks to take.

How were you BRAVE this week?

Inspired by this post from Paislee Press

• French Cannes Cannes January 13, 2013 at 2:55 am edit

ooooh I like this! I think this goes along with all of the changes I’m GOING TO MAKE HAPPEN in 2013. (that caps lock was mostly for myself – sorry). I haven’t done anything particularly brave this week, as it’s been an insane time at work, BUT, I will be thinking about this …you’ve planted the seed. realllly like it.

• Amy January 13, 2013 at 9:33 am edit

can’t wait to see what you do :)

• linda t January 13, 2013 at 4:30 am edit

Love this! Ok, this week I am doing more and more things that I’ve depended on my husband doing for me. I am listing and selling things on Craig’s List and loving the whole process.

• Amy January 13, 2013 at 9:34 am edit

proud of you :)
    I know Randy is happy to take care of you and take care of things you do, but doing those things yourself are so empowering

• Shawna January 13, 2013 at 9:31 am edit

I would say the bravest thing I did this week was take Amelia out all by myself. So far my husband has been with me if I go anywhere. But Amelia and I loaded up in the car and went to a friends for dinner. Although I was a tad paranoid, we made it through and perhaps next time I won’t be so stressed. So yay for small steps! I like what you are going with this! Good Luck in your goals and being brave :)

• Amy January 13, 2013 at 9:33 am edit

Yay! Shawna! That’s incredible! I’m sure that must have been so scary before actually stepping out the door.

Now it’s just a matter of practicing getting over that bit of fear at the beginning over and over :)

1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Pin It Share 1 Google+ 0 1 Flares ×