It’s been quite a while since I’ve written one of these ‘seed of inspiration‘ posts. Honestly, between Onward and Upward and 30 Days of Lists prep I have little to no time to read or watch or see or experience much new. Nothing wrong with that – just putting your head down and working away for awhile. I just wasn’t struck with any new inspiration or insights to share with you….
But this most recent week I listened to several months worth of archives of the Internet Marketing for Smart People podcast – from Copyblogger – and now I’m all fired up and gung-ho about my L&R plans for the rest of the year and into next!
If you’re not familiar with Copyblogger, you can essentially teach yourself how to create an online income just by reading and implementing the archives. Really if you’re trying to make money with any of your online presences you should take a look at the archives over there. These principles could work for a photographer, etsy merchant, consultant, or anything.
I’ve probably been reading the site for 3 or more years, and the distillation and practical action steps included in the podcast material is one of my favorite things.
Plus, I love that I can learn about something like this (internet marketing) while I am on my drive to work.
So, after listening to all these episodes I have some ideas for affiliate marketing, I have some good additional sources to follow up with, and I have some great ideas for what to offer you all soon!
Note: If internet marketing is something you’re interested in:
- sign-up for the coordinating free 20-part email course. Also highly recommended
- and sign-up for Rhyno Marketing’s free Smart Marketing Series.
Listening to Internet Marketing for Smart People plants a seed of inspiration to:
- Go through the archive and download ALL of the episodes. And back them up for future re-listens
- re-read my emails from the Smart Marketing Series and Internet Marketing for Smart People series – all backed up for future perusal
- Play with some different internet marketing models like niche blogs and some passive income models
- read more copywriting books (David Ogilvy, Ben Settle and others mentioned throughout the episodes)
- reread my Steven Pressfield and Seth Godin books (both interviewed in various episodes)
Do you have any good internet marketing resources for me?