I spent Sunday afternoon planning how to spend my time through the end of December.
Jumping the gun? Maybe.
What can I say? I’m a planner.
I decided that I will NOT be launching any new ebooks, workshops or projects through the rest of the year. Instead I will FINISH the projects I have already started, end commitments that have run their course, and do all the backing up, reorganizing and reviewing that I have been meaning to do for months.
This is, of course, about 2 days after I put out little tiny feelers about assistance on a big ecourse I’m thinking about. Now, I’m reversing course. This also means that my to-do-after-Jan-1 list is gargantuan.
But, really, I need to start 2013 FRESH. With nothing halfway done. With my 2012 goals all tied up nicely. My 2012 One Little Word is home, and I want to really work on our new home over the next few months. Finally making that run to Goodwill, finally hanging the artwork that has been sitting out, finally cleaning the downstairs shower even though it doesn’t work.
I have things that need to be finished.
So, right now I have planned ….
- September 1 30 Days of Lists starts
- September 4 Onward and Upward starts
- finally getting around to the Lemon and Raspberry re-design that has been percolating for a year
- retiring some ebooks and raising the prices on others. Refocusing L&R a bit.
- finish designing my Scotland Blurb book
- finish the big-picture #30Lists stuff we’ve been meaning to do (like move the email list, for example)
- finishing a big personal project that I’ve committed to a Dec 31 deadline
- downloading the material for 2 different ecourses I’ve purchased and never finished. Finally implement the little tips and tweaks I’ve had on my to-do list for over a year. (There might actually be more than 2 ecourses I need to finish now that I think about it. Hmm….)
- And all the real life stuff like Christmas shopping, making plans to attend a wedding, keeping our house work up to date, hanging out with my nephew and maintaining my Project Life book.
Your project for the weekend:
Think about how you will build your blog/site/business over the rest of 2012.
What is on your to do list that you need to finally finish?
What big project or product will you be launching over the next few months?
What is your holiday marketing strategy for your etsy shop?
Think about a basic structure for the remainder of the year…. just to have it in your mind.