- Venture Bros (season 4)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
- Sherlock (season 1 and 2)
- The Killing (season 1) – Andrew and I really love crime shows
- The Beginner’s Goodbye by Anne Tyler (one of my favorite authors)
- The Frontiersman: The Real Life and Many Legends of Davy Crockett by Mark Derr
- Driven West: Andrew Jackson and the Trail of Tears to the Civil War by A.J. Langguth
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way you Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future by Chris Guillebeau
- The Great Triumvirate: Webster, Clay and Calhoun by Merrill D. Peterson (this one was LONG and slow)
- A Nation Within a Nation: Organizing African-American Communities Before the Civil War by John Ernest
- This American Life – I love that show. I really feel like it’s becoming an institution and there will soon be books written about its effect (like Sesame Street)
- Also all caught up with Here’s The Thing. LOVED the Billy Joel episode and the Robert Lustig episode
- Newsies Broadway Musical soundtrack – with Andrew. He loves it almost as much as I do
- The difference between Effect and Affect. I mean, I always knew there was a difference but couldn’t remember which was which. I got it now, don’t worry.
- A WHOLE bunch of babies! My nephew is now 3 months old! Met my friends identical twin boys (about 3.5 months), met my other friends 7-week old girl, went to a gender reveal party for another friend due in January, my cousin JUST had their baby a couple weeks ago and another friend is due ANY DAY! Babies EVERYWHERE! (33 sec mark)
- Suburban Sweetheart – I need to take the time to write down my stories like this. I always get compliments when I take the time, but I so rarely do it.
- Ken Jennings on Twitter and fictional account Paul Ryan Gosling (disclaimer: everything I know about Paul Ryan is from this twitter account. So, not much. But it’s pretty funny )
- My video camera remote – but currently can’t find the charger. So that’s useful.
- 30 Days of Lists bonus prompt and most of the sales posts and emails for 30 Days of Lists
- Onward and Upward registration begins!
- Project Life updates from weeks 13-14 and 15-16
- my summer minibook update
- on being a late bloomer
- Weekend Project: The Rest of the Year
- What do you want to do before you die?
- Memories at every turn
- Challenge assumptions