Welcome to the Lemon and Raspberry week-long online workshop! Totally free. Totally on your own time schedule. Totally save-able for later examination and study.
THIS WHOLE WEEK is going to be all about what you can do to create better content for your blog – be it for business or pleasure.
But first, why are you here? Why is talking about blog content worthy of a week-long workshop?
In other words: Who cares!?
Here’s what I think, based on almost 5 years of blogging and even more years of reading blogs…
#1 You need a blog. Especially if you have a small creative business
#2 If you write a blog, your content is the MOST IMPORTANT thing that you offer your readers.
Not your blog design. Not your blog sponsors. Not your Twitter friends cheering you on.
There isn’t any factor more influential than the content that you post on your blog every day.
This really cannot be overstated.
For the purposes of this week’s discussion on creating better blog content, let’s assume ‘content’ includes:
- Images – within blog posts, header, sidebar, avatar, etc
- Pages – About, press, contact, tutorials, etc
- Blog text – Your daily posts; from the headline to the sign-off; also includes any comments you make on your own site in response to others.
Every.Single.Thing. you type or post online counts as content.
Which is exactly why we need to think about how to create better blog content.
Did you see my post a couple weeks ago?
This bump in traffic came from … what? Not any ad buying, not any trickery, not any keyword stuffing or even making friends with a high-profile blogger in hopes of getting a mention here or there ….
This bump in traffic came from my having a hand in creating AWESOME content.
I would LOVE for this next week going through Better Blog Content to be a spark for you all (WE as a group) to really START SOMETHING.
To actually TAKE the step we’ve been talking about. To set a goal and move toward it instead of just adding it to a ‘Goals’ List.
Comment below with your COMMITMENT to create Better Blog Content.
If you would like emails from more of us to help keep you accountable and inspired, this is the place to ask for it.
If you want to verbalize a goal (‘I want my blog posts to be tweeted/retweeted by # people’ or ‘I want to include an image in every post’), this is the place to proclaim it.
And finally, if you have specific questions you’d like me to address, please leave them in the comments. I want you to get as much out of this mini online workshop as possible.
If you want to read more about the value and importance of great blog content, consider getting the L&R BBC Workbook.
This workbook is FULL of all the things we are going to talk about over the next week, PLUS TONS of extra chapters, PLUS more resources, PLUS worksheets and homework for each topic. Clocking in at just *barely* under 100 pages.
- Ev Bogue – 27 reasons why your blog doesn’t deserve to exist
- Problogger – Blog Content Strategy 101
- Lemon and Raspberry – Take it to the next level
- We Blog Better – How to Continue Writing Quality Content
- ChrisG – Killer Flagship Content
- Get in the Hot Spot – Write Killer Blog Content and Get More Readers
- WAHM Talk Radio – Why Would People Read Your Blog
- Hubspot – 6 Ways to Brand your Business with Content
- Lemon and Raspberry – How to stand out and not get in lost in the blog shuffle