What’s that you say? Another Schubert?
Yes, Daniel P Schubert is my brother-in-law and he is AWESOME.
He’s Andrew’s younger (only) brother, so sweet, tall and lanky, and a photographer….
and Daniel is nothing if not interesting ….
(the image above is a screenshot from his tumblr site, the image below is one of his images that I borrowed)
His tumblr account right now is pretty much the main project he’s been working on for maybe the last year or so …. involving a point-and-shoot film camera, not really any posing (kind of just blind snapshots even), using different colored gels over the flash.
Check out the archives tumblr account for more examples of this project.
I’ve also blogged about him before :
- May 2009 he did a couple projects for school and ended up showing them in a gallery (in Altadena, CA, I think)
- Summer 2008 he took some truly gorgeous images around California
He shoots exclusively film (although he has been known to borrow my digital cameras for one-off-specific projects)
Daniel was about 11 when I met him – not long before Andrew and I started dating – and he’s always been a brother to me.
I love this kid.
And right now….. As I type this …. He is taking that next step in his life and Andrew and I could not be more proud of him!
Daniel is currently driving from Los Angeles to Chicago to
- move out of his parents’ house for the first time
- start the photography program at School of the Art Institute of Chicago
He’ll be gone for AT LEAST 2 years …. or more depending on where he decides to work after he’s done….
Andrew and I are having a hard time grasping the fact that he’s old enough to move out …. let alone that he’s taking SUCH a huge leap of moving to Chicago alone!
Always so impressed with that guy….
And just for fun … Here are some of MY photos OF Daniel …. Cute kid. With his ridiculous height and blonde mustache
Love you Dan
(click on an image to see it larger)
My awesome brother-in-law plants a seed of inspiration to:
- shoot film. … and get it developed
- go back to school for something arty
- move to a new city
- visit Chicago (I can’t believe I’ve never been)