As this post goes live, I will be embarking on a day of travel. Checking out of a hotel, catching a cab to the airport, waiting, flying, being picked up from the airport, fighting traffic and probably getting home late afternoon.
My weekend in Austin was work-related, I didn’t do anything touristy or even see much of the city other than the conference hotel.
But, you know what? STILL A TRIP. I’m counting it.
I have constant wanderlust and am always pricing out plane tickets or hotels or road trips or weekends away or SOMETHING. I love having travel plans in the pipeline. I love imagining where we’ll go next, what we’ll see, what I can take pictures of, what stories I will record when we get back.
Literally as soon as I started watching House of Cards, I started googling ‘Washington DC sublet’. I wish Amtrak went through Phoenix. I am so grateful I can work from anywhere, because lord knows I have a lot of trips on my wishlist.
If you’re like me and are dreaming of an adventure, here are some resources to help feed your wanderlust:
- Why we travel
- Adventure and travel book recommendations
- Nomadic Matt’s website — Travel better, cheaper, longer
- Nomad List
- Travel ideas and resources (pinterest board)
- Make your dream trip a reality (free online class)
And some resources for recording your trip when you get back:
- Travel scrapbooking with Amy Tan
- TravelScrap HQ
- Clearly Kelly acrylic stamps from Kelly Purkey
- rukristin making a Wanderlust journal
- Travel scrapbooking resources (pinterest board)
- Ideas and resources for documenting your travels (link round-up)
So I’m right now coming back from Austin, I will be in Phoenix this coming weekend, I want to make plans soon to visit friends in the MidWest, I’ll be going back to Austin in September ….. and I’d like to plan another trip somewhere new soon too!